Thursday, September 24, 2009

Danica's Bat Mitzvah

I photographed the Bat Mitzvah of a sweet young lady named Danica recently. Her family and all her friends were so excited to celebrate her big event with her. And I was delighted to shoot it.

A few portraits to get the day started.....I think these will be cherished because she really looks like a young lady. So pretty.





Doing so many detail shots at weddings has trained my eye to shoot details all the time now. I like still life, I guess!







I like doing a full length shot in a relaxed way.....and Danica was a natural.



A moment to relax before the ceremony here. I'm trying to embrace the use of negative space in my images. Adds a touch of interest that makes the shot unique.



Danica and her proud mom, Dina. It was raining a bit that day so I shot them indoors against the curtained windows, cropping it just right to create a no-hassle backdrop for this sweet portrait.



I like the dramatic angle here.....and notice the big smile on Danica's face right before the ceremony!



After the ceremony at the signing of the Bat Mitzvah certificate. Blurring out the background adds some artistic effect and you can still get a subtle sense of Danica's smile.



A congratulatory moment....



By now you can really sense the mom/daughter bond, right? Here's another sweet shot. My favorite of the day.



Danica and her bro...



A portrait of Danica's step dad. Taken while he thought I was doing a group shot. :-)



Fun details from the tables for Danica's NYC-themed party.



A nice portrait of Dina taken as Danica performs her candle lighting ceremony.



An environmental portrait of Danica's grandmother during the same ceremony, including more blur-the-background-but-still-feel-the-love approach.



Danica's humbled by her mom's words. (And I'm making sure to capture the pretty colors in the scene.)



Having fun watching the slide show. Genuine happiness all around!





Time to dance!




Happy Birthday Danica!

2 comments: