Saturday, March 20, 2010

Alexandra

I'm finding playing catch-up with the blog pretty neat.....kind of like looking at a photo album you haven't looked at in a while, walking down memory lane. Another reminder of why I love what I do.

Last summer I photographed my niece, Alexandra. This was particularly fun for me for many reasons. One, it was yet another in-my-face-reminder of how quickly she has become a lovely young lady. Second, it was an exhilarating departure from photographing my own (young) children - Alexandra actually stood still and smiled. When you have a 4 and a 2 year old, it's easy to forget that one day they actually won't run away from the camera (although that may not be the case with mine given my profession). Lastly, it was fun to capture the many sides of a teen. Fun, flirty, pensive....just to name a few.

Started out with an environmental portrait.



I photographed in an area with tons of interesting textures (a few different fences, play equipment)...incorporating that into the shot adds interest but I still try to keep the subject as the main focus.









Alexandra has amazing hair (and she's probably sick of me telling her that) as well as very pretty eyes. I wanted to highlight these features in the photos.







I LOVE this shot. By far my favorite for the day.



Some fun shots by the pool....timing the summer light for late afternoon is key in getting bright colors to really pop.





My favorite "fun" shot of the day.



Thanks, Alexandra! Let's shoot more this summer. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment