Monday, May 10, 2010

Carlyn & Matt's Wedding

I am about to be in full swing for busy wedding season and just wanted to squeeze in ONE more wedding from last season before I start posting newer ones! Carlyn and Matt had a lovely fall wedding and I was glad to shoot it with Kelly Vasami.

Shooting the guys getting ready is a totally different vibe than photographing the girls, but very cool nonetheless.











If I see a stone wall, my subjects WILL be photographed against it.



A nice moment with Matt's aunt.



Every time I take ring shots, I fall in love with my macro lens all over again.



Love the stone church.



Married!



Joyful reactions are awesome.



I didn't think I was a lace person....until I saw Carlyn's dress. Gorgeous detail.







Romance on the dock. My favorite shot of the day.



My runner up favorite.



And the shot of the season that just cracks me up EVERY time I look at it. Poor Kelly (and bridal party) in a delightful frenzy to get off the very shaky dock (location suggested by the bride and groom, NOT us!). Me? On dry land with all my equipment capturing Kelly saying, "Don't save me, save my camera!"



I like zooming in during group shots.



Fun bridal party shot.



"Just passing through...."



Love this shot of Carlyn.



And the composition of this shot.



Kissing in the woods. Shhh....





Happy.



Peaceful.



I'm liking this perspective shot.



Take me away...



Carlyn & Matt's reception was at The Nyack Seaport, a lovely location on the water. The decor was lovely, as was this nod to Carlyn & Matt's past family weddings.



The best man's toast elicited great reactions.





Love the energy in both the foreground and background of this image.



Most of the time I want my images to be tack sharp, but sometimes grain is good.



An emotional dance with dad.



I have great memories of this evening. A reminder that I love what I do! Be back soon with lots of great stuff.....

No comments:

Post a Comment