Thursday, July 1, 2010

Jennifer & Greg - Married!

I recently photographed Jennifer and Greg's lovely wedding at the Knollwood Country Club. I was really looking forward to it for many reasons. When I initially met with Jennifer and Greg, we had such pleasant conversation and their overall sense of the wedding planning was in all the right places. The gathering of their family and friends to celebrate with them was at the heart of their day. And, I knew right away we'd be on the same page when Jennifer told me about how she loves going to her grandmother's house and looking through old photo albums.

I started with detail shots and tried a few different angles that I really like.





Pretty flowers.



The reality of what is happening settles in as Jennifer sees herself in the mirror.



A moment with mom. I like to take the scene setting shot.



And then something more up close and personal, too.



Love this candid shot of Jen as she walked out of her house.



Pretty portrait of Jen with matron of honor and cousin, Heather, who was a former bride of mine. So nice to see past clients again!



I was determined to get great light in Jennifer's eyes to show off that AMAZING shade of blue.



Nice natural portrait of Greg. Just a guy dressed up in the woods.



A gorgeous blue sky, fancy stone church and a slick car.



Camera low and tilted for a serene church shot.



Up to the choir loft I go to capture the full beauty of the church.



Dutiful matron of honor Heather set the dress up perfectly for this shot. Thanks!



I love the blessing part of the ceremony. A reminder of all our hopes and dreams.



Such a royal feeling to this image.



Heather's husband Craig was entertaining his daughter (also the flower girl).



Clearly smitten by his little girl.



Nice outtake of Jen during the receiving line. Loving those lashes!



Blue sky, stone church and fancy car replaced by fancy couple.



Bridal party. I love the simply setting and how the lilac dresses pop from the green background and black tuxes.



A bride and groom moment.



The guys just hanging out.



For this shot, I honestly can't brag about anything particularly amazing in the photographic sense. I just think it's so adorable that they're riding in this golf cart.



Dramatic angle at the signature Knollwood Country Club arch.



I like to capture how a groom looks at his bride.



And how he makes her feel.



Traditional.



With a twist.



Love the high contrast of this shot.



When I originally met with Jennifer and Greg, it was made very clear to me how important it is to photograph the children. No need to tell me twice. These kids were too cute not to be photographed.



The sweetness of little girls.



And sweating-from-running-all-over-the-place and silly little boys. (And still super cute, mind you.)





Heather took a lot of time and energy compiling wedding photos of each married guest attending their reception. How sweet is that?!?



Love the color scheme carried over to the cake.



Jen and Greg took a break from photos for a short bit when we arrived at the Country Club. I didn't though. Lately I'm finding myself shooting some still life that doesn't necessarily scream "wedding." Could be used for some casual artwork around the home with underlying meaning behind it.









Good wishes commemorated on a fun platter.



This first dance shot is one of my favorites of the day.



GREAT reactions from the Best Man's toast.



Jen said a few words to their guests and recounted a funny story about her mother and beloved father from their wedding. I love this heartfelt reaction from her mom with someone who clearly remembers that moment.



Time to kick back and celebrate!



I used the videographer's light to my advantage to get these. I love the slightly blurred, high contrast look for action shots. Shows the movement.







Standing far away but zooming in close to get this lovely moment.



More creative use of video light to get the right color of this scene.



Funky wide lens for this shot. I love shooting the back of bridal gowns.



I rarely ask a bride and groom to leave their party to take pictures...only when I know there are some must take photos. Jennifer and Greg happily obliged for a few minutes for these photographs.



My absolute favorites of the day.





Jennifer and Greg, thank you for allowing me to share in your special day. I wish you many years of happiness and hope that one day your grandchildren will come to your house and enjoy all of these pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment