Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Six Kids in Six Years

I photographed two wonderful families recently. Two sisters had six kids in six years, each of them alternating a year to have a child. (I would think that's got to be some sort of statistical phenomenon.) My first task was to try to get all six kids together - no small feat with these ages but fun anyway. I think this came out cute. Shows their personalities. And I love the vibrancy of all the colors (kudos to the moms for great fashion choices!)



An outtake in between posed shots...love it.



Individual shots....adorable in the grass.



A slight angle change can make a big impact on the image.



Switching it up for big cousin. Blurring the foreground really makes the subject pop.



Adorable closeup.



Posed and pretty.



One of those photos that the parents will look at and say, "Wow, look how big she is." And in five years it will be, "Wow, look how small she was."



I LOVE LOVE LOVE this shot. This little guy had a remarkable way of making a posed shot look so natural. I try not to pick favorite images when it comes to multiple kids, but....well, I won't say it. ;-)



Another one of his looks. I could seriously eat him up.



This little boy was in my daughter's class a few years ago and I've been dying to get those blue eyes in my camera ever since. Felt so good to click this one.



A more traditional portrait.



Full of personality.



Sparkling blue eyes. Full cheeks.



Amazing how similar images can evoke such different emotions when you switch out the subject. I almost immediately relax when I see this shot.



Creative use of lines to draw you right in to this little guy's eyes. Not that you really needed that much help anyway.



Love the colors and the background texture again. And that adorable face.



I love the energy in photos of kids running.



And kids taking in nature. This shot is one I'd like to replicate when the kids are young adults. I think that juxtaposition would be so powerful.



Her simple expression and the texture are so simple yet strong here.



I guess you can say the same thing about this shot, yet the result is so different.



Clearly I love the outtakes but I can certainly appreciate the fondness of traditional family shots.





Had to squeeze in a few more outtakes. I like the editorial nature of this image.



I want this shot to be in their wedding videos one day. (I know, I'm a total cheeseball.)



Sweet moment with dad.



What a great day I had. Another session where I feel so lucky to do what I do. Thank you so much for having me document your bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment