Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Baby Eric





I recently had the pleasure of photographing another newborn baby. I love getting that phone call! Baby Eric is just 11 days old in these images yet he fit into his new surroundings just beautifully....sleeping most of the session.

Proud first time parents Elena and Eric were clearly in awe of their little one. Elena fit so naturally into her mommy role. If Eric ever fussed, just being in his mother's arms soothed him immediately, as you can see in this image. I particularly love the window lighting on Eric here.









I just love this serene dad moment. Junior is completely unaware of just how loved he is by his proud daddy.











A few more favorite shots from the session.....




It is always so flattering to photograph the first "professional" images of a child and this one was particularly enjoyable for me. It reinforced my decision to return to my photography work after taking some time off recently to have my own children. I truly feel blessed to witness and capture such happy events. Also, my own children recently celebrated their birthdays (4th and 2nd), so it came at a time when my husband Joe and I are amazed that they were ever as little as a newborn baby. Seeing 11 day old Eric (and his little toes and his little hands and sweet coos) just brought it all back.


Welcome to the world, baby Eric!

No comments:

Post a Comment