Friday, June 5, 2009

Hallie's Bat Mitzvah




I love love love when clients call me to photograph another event or photo session for them....nicest compliment in the book, the way I see it. This was the case for Hallie's Bat Mitzvah as I worked with her family a few years ago for Hallie's sister Julia's Bat Mitzvah. I was really looking forward to photographing this fun, hip family again and was dumbstruck when I saw Hallie this time. She was all grown up! What a difference a few years make. I felt like I very much celebrated her becoming a lady with all her family and friends.
































Hallie seemed so cool and collected before her ceremony. I was personally quite ecstatic with the beautiful lighting opportunities at the temple, particularly with the lovely (and quite gigantic) stained glass.












The party was sure to be fantastic. Held at the Coveleigh Club in Rye, NY, Hallie's Bat Mitzvah had a waterfront setting and architectural details from a classic era. I know that Hallies mom, Heidi, worked tirelessly to make sure all the decorative details for "Halliewood" were perfect. It was so fun and so very classy at the same time.
























The party was a blast. Dance floor packed at all times and Hallie very much enjoying her big night.


















Speaking of fun and classy, I just can't decide which of these images are my favorite from the day. I am equally impressed with the family portrait as I am with the air these kids got!!



No comments:

Post a Comment