Monday, September 14, 2009

Amanda & Jay

A bride to be called me recently and asked to see some recent wedding samples. I opened my mouth to say, "Have a look at my blog!" only to stop myself because I haven't updated this in so long. I guess I'm a bad blogger! I can see this will be a New Year's Resolution for 2010.


Well, for those that have been waiting for more images, here are some from Amanda and Jay's wedding back in May. I had the pleasure of second shooting this one with my friend Kelly. It was particularly special because the couple are both in the military. I got to photograph Jay getting ready with all his cool military apparel.

















































































Amanda & Jay looked so elegant together. I particularly love the shot of them about to kiss, but their lips aren't touching yet. Such a tender moment.




















































I don't think I'll ever tire of photographing a wedding dress.....










































This is one of my favorites from the day. Right before the ceremony is such a great time to capture something so pensive. Getting Jay's parents in the background brings a whole new dimension to it, too. Well, at least I think so.


















The mommy in me made me get this shot....
















This shot right here points to why it's fun to be the second shooter sometimes.....shooting from the balcony getting a closeup shot of Amanda's dad congratulating her.
















Amanda & Jay were so living in the moment......






The picture-perfect setting was The Scarsdale Women's Club. I love this shot I got at twilight.















Love the flowers.....






















This little cutie pie was really hamming it up for me.

























When couples think of what their wedding pictures will look like, they (naturally) often try to imagine the photos that I got of them enjoying their moments. I love the look on the couples' face when I show them images of their loved ones feeling so happy for them. Amanda's mom is beaming here. The maid of honor was cheering them on the loudest, I think.
































These sweet ladies are sisters! I wonder if they have a photo of them when they were little for comparison?


















Congrats to Amanda & Jay!

No comments:

Post a Comment