Thursday, September 17, 2009

Christine & Brendan's Wedding

Here's another wedding I shot back in the Spring with the creative and fun Kelly Vasami. The couple, Christine & Brendan, were also very creative and fun, and I had a blast shooting it.

I'm into the details. I figure you spend so much time and energy picking everything out, might as well document it!
















I like how this shot subtly says "anticipation" without any faces.....






















More detail.....I like blurring out the background and some of the foreground in my closeups.


Mom and Dad gingerly preparing the dress.....a ceremony in itself!


I like to shoot a variety of makeup application shots. Some traditional, then maybe a little graphic and then (with the help of some great window light), closeup details.....






I love the genuine nature of reaction shots.




Such pretty details on the dress (and as a female, I am very envious of her waistline!)


Just the girls. I like the photojournalistic nature of this image.


A simple subject can look interesting when composed in a unique way.


The ceremony took place at The Highlands Country Club in Garrison, NY. Classic and elegant. (I thinnk those are my two favorite wedding words!)


Love the light on Christine's veil here.


Now THAT'S a happy groom!


Can't forget the bling......


A congratulatory hug from grandma......Christine looks giddy.


More details......unique, yet (here I go again) classic and elegant.




Maybe this couple is next? (God, I used to hate when people said that to me at weddings!)


I couldn't get enough of shooting with the dramatic chandelier in the background. I tried a few different approaches, not all together vastly different from each other but I think each has its own character. And I can't make a decision on which I like best so here are a bunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment