Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Extended Family Portraits

Two sisters hired me recently to do a photo session as a Mother's Day gift to their mom. Between the two sisters, there are five grandchildren and like any grandparent I know, she and grandpa love photos of their grandkids. And like any busy family that I know, it is near impossible to get any good shots on your own while also taking care of your kids. Planning an afternoon with a professional photographer is a great way to document the family. In fact, I see some families once or twice a year to update photos and preserve that time in their lives.

I photographed the youngest first, thinking it would take the longest. Nope. She was an angel as you can see here.



I like this angle for little ones. I think it accentuates their delicate little features.



A "cooler" pose for big sis. Shooting at a low angle gives the feeling you're in the grass and adds a nice texture to the image.



Cousins were next. I switched up the background to add some variety.



Her sister's eyes were mesmerizing. She knew the exact spot to look at the lens.



The only boy in the family and the longest eyelashes. Why is it always like that?!?!





"Avoid flare" is a rule I have fun breaking sometimes.



A group shot of each family. Traditional with a twist.





The WHOLE family.



Above shot would not be possible without these two special people.



And the shot that I hope will show up in all of their wedding videos one day. ;-)



Thank you for inviting me to your home and spending the afternoon with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment