Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Megan & Chris - Married!

Megan and Chris' wedding was so much fun to shoot! They were a super nice couple and they had an amazing party.

I started the day with the bling shot. Gorgeous sparkle.



An easy way to be unobtrusive is to shoot in the mirror.



When capturing details of stacks or multiples, I like to exaggerate the volume by shooting close up with the right lens.



OK, this time Megan knew I was shooting but I still like the mirror perspective.



Makeup check. I love how you can practically see the intensity of Megan's thoughts here.



Great directional window light casting a flattering soft glow.



Megan's eyelashes make this shot.



The grand act of bridal preparations.



Sweet moment with "nannie" (grandma).



Shooting through some branches makes a pretty frame for Megan.



Just a slice of time that I liked.



Another nice moment with nannie. (I really liked nannie!)



Megan thoughtfully remembered her paternal grandmother in her bouquet with a photo and the very rosary beads her grandma carried on her own wedding day.



Pretty portrait and nice natural looking makeup done by Meredith Hayman.



Megan's favorite childhood tree.



Still not sick of this shot.



I like wide shots like this that encompass everything. Capturing the videographer enhances the action. (Typically Ray from Timeless Films is so unobtrusive that only a wide angle lens can get him in the shot!)



Lovely church scenes.





And now onto a new beginning.



Married!



At Pepsico Gardens for fun bridal party shots. I like the contrast of the pink dresses with the green grass.



Gotta use the tall trees for some drama.



As well as intimate shots. Chris and Megan's faces are so genuine here. The natural setting is the perfect compliment. (My almost-favorite shot of the day.)



Details and then some.



This family of goslings came right over to Chris and Megan - you would've thought someone cued them.



Natural smiles come from within.



I might have been just a little obsessed with the bouquet shots...oh well.



Funky coloring is cool sometimes.



Not every image has to include faces to exude romance.







I love the trees here. And the gravel. And the clarity. (Hey, it's my blog - I can boast a little.)



Traditional is nice, too.



Right after the above shot was taken...



Gorgeous couple, perfect weather, lush setting, pretty dress silhouette....dreamy.



I'm always looking for lines that can lead your eye to the subject. Limos do the trick.



Megan and Chris' reception was at the lovely Doral Arrowwood in Purchase. Wow, what a room, right?



This image is not just an image of eight people. Megan's mom is one of seven children. Seven! It is rare they are all together so it was my pleasure to photograph nannie and her "babies."





A lovely first dance. I worked with Ray's soft video light to get this shot.



Cake and more.


I really like the circular feel of this shot. My favorite of the day.



Congrats to you, Megan and Chris! It was a blast shooting your big day!

2 comments:

  1. Love these pics, you are awesome! Can't wait to see more! Kara (aka Maid of Honor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kara! Glad you like the images. Had so much fun with all of you....there are some really fun reception shots with you coming. ;-)

    ReplyDelete