Monday, October 8, 2012

Twins = Exponential Joy

I love photographing multiple stages of a couple's life. Hence when I found out my friends Grace and Todd were expecting, I was excited to add their "next stage" photos to the original wedding blog post. The even better part of this particular couple's next stage is that they were jumping right into parenthood with TWO babies. So many cliched sayings with twins....double the fun...two times everything....the list goes on and on but anybody that knows anything about kids knows that two kids is by no means double. Twins add to a family exponentially. That's the word that I think of when I see this photo. Exponential Joy.


Let me rewind a few months, though, and share this side by side of their pregnancy and current day. Truly miracles.


Fast forward again! I love these mommy/little girl and daddy/little boy shots. To me it kind of signifies that it's all about the kids, but if you look closely, the joy is all mom and dad's.


Another sweet one of the guys.


Traditional family shot but I think this has to go down as a must have in the family album. (By the way, isn't it crazy how awesome (and well rested!) these parents of twins look?!? Kudos!)


Back to the depth of field shots.

What a fun family.

I love photographing in the grass. The natural component just exemplifies that a family's simplest state is the best state.


The two stars of the show. Wouldn't you giggle, too, if you were in the grass with your twin?


We spent a bit of time on the feet/grass/rings shots but I always love the way they come out. I think these are the kind of photos you can put up on your wall and stand the test of time.


Like the texture in this one.




Onto some individual baby portraits. Babies don't get much happier than this!


Amazing eyes so a closeup was in order.


Bro has a range of expressions.




Soft directional light and a cozy blanket make great black and white shadows.


 Atta girl...turning herself toward the light. This photo is so peaceful to me.


This is a shot that was an accident. Dad was trying to make him laugh and I snapped a little early before his hand was out of frame, but I really like his hand in the shot. (I probably should tell you I planned it that way, but I'm a terrible liar!)


Love smiley shots. I bet when they are older the smiles will be exactly the same. Will be a cool comparison.



Another close up opp. Love the baby drool, too.


I wanted to end the session in a very real, down to earth way. Sleepy peaceful family.


Grace and Todd, many, many congrats to you and your beautiful family. It was such a pleasure documenting this exponentially special time in your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment