Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Baby Makes Three

I say it all the time, but I really never tire of getting that phone call from a former bride and groom client to ask me to photograph their newborn baby. I was delighted that Jennifer and Greg became a family of three and was even happier to capture their maiden voyage into parenthood.

This is how their baby boy greeted me. If only everybody woke up with that smile (myself included).
You can't get much happier than this. Love his blue dazzlers.
Played with the light a bit to create more natural shadows that accentuate his teeny tiny, perfect features.
More shadow and an off center composition adds interest.


Now, if it was up to me - every photo would be taken this closeup. One of my faves of the day. It reminds me of when my children were infants and I used to sit there and stare at every detail. It's just very convenient to also have a photo!
 I like his expression here, too. You can almost tell that his feet must be wiggling.

I really like this one, too. See the catch light in his eyes?
SUCH a fun shot with dad.
I am really into ring shots when I do a new family session. I'm a sucker for symbolism, I guess....
 New family love.
An oldie but goodie.
 Play time!
 Jenn is such a calm, relaxed mom. A natural.
 And her baby is very calm, too. This photo shows his wonderful demeanor.

I was waiting for the perfect moment for the directional window light to brighten up those already dazzling blue eyes. There it is.

C'mon now...I dare you not to giggle at this one!
 Locked eyes.
 Can't tell who is more mesmerized in this one.
Wide shots set the scene. And show how little the babies really are. And if I REALLY want to analyze (possibly overly so), this shot shows there's all this "stuff," but what really matters is that baby that mom and dad are staring at right there in the crib. Jenn and Greg's body position is really important here.
 I liked the way the light was coming in through the side of the crib here.  Since it is the crib, I created a darker, grainier photo so simulate night. This is kind of new for me. What do you think?
 Another shot to show how little he is. And one that's great to look at as he grows.
 He just can't get away from these loving parents.
 Getting tired of all these pictures. Makes me smile.
 Starting to doze off. I LOVE Jenn's expression here.
 Sweet dreams...
 Sweet all around.
 More ring shots.
This last shot says it all. Joy and peace. If you look closely, even the baby is puckered up in this sweet trio shot.
 Jenn and Greg, thank you for inviting me to meet your perfect little one. It was a great session and I truly cherish creating another collection of photos for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment