Friday, May 24, 2013

Alecsa's Communion

It's communion season and here's another sweet girl, Alecsa. I photographed her older brother's communion a few years ago and I was delighted to shoot another family event. It's awesome to see how the kids have both changed. Alecsa was the "little girl" not so long ago and here she is celebrating her big day.
 I like the directional quality of window light, illuminating her face and then dropping off.
 I love this angle, her sweet smile and the pillows in the background.

I like the sitting down position here.






Dainty.
 Switched up the room for a wider window light.
 Features are softened when a girl looks down. So sweet.
Look at that perfect skin. Mother nature showered that day but clouds provide a lovely filter to accentuate pretty little girl features.
Happy.
 Oh how I love everything about this.

 Slowed that shutter down to capture the movement of her dress.

 
Perfectly poofy.
 
Me playing with reflections again.
 Moved outside to switch things up.

Mom and dad are stylin'.
I will post two family shots, as I usually do. The traditional looking-at-the-camera one....and the one that comes immediately after it, that I always just love.
 I love the way Dad is looking at Mom here. Just love it.
 I like this. A lot.
 This shot better go on your wall, Nan! ;-)
 Snapped this shot of her dainty little shoes. I like the off center composition and use of blank space.


Details were so pretty.

 A hug from bro before going into the party.
 
Pretty excited to be in her room. (I asked her to spin once....but she just kept spinning...and spinning...)

 Love the full dress and bow/veil.

An emotional slide show...some sweet reactions...
 Lots of dancing ensued....I thought this shot of Alecsa and her besties was hilarious!
 Many congrats to Alecsa and a thank you to her family for inviting me to document this wonderful occasion! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment