Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Home Sweet Home

This lovely family asked me for photographs again - my favorite form of flattery, as you know. When I repeat shoot, I truly try to give the clients something different and not actually repeat. Granted, often the children themselves change so much that the images are going to be very different anyway. I still like to switch it up. An easy way to achieve this is just to choose another location because then it's simple to see new things. In this case, the family invited me to their home and the backyard was perfectly positioned from the sun (timing was planned in advance to ensure that). Not only does a client's home offer me a unique perspective, it's also great for the family to look back and have a more personal connection to the setting.

Here are Paula and Bob's family enjoying their space.
 
Switching it up a bit.
As soon as I saw this garage, I thought it was fitting for these ages.
There's something about a lineup of a family when the kids heads are almost in line with the parents.
 I don't spend too much time shooting with space in between subjects.
 A golden background for dad and daughter....
 ....mother and son.
 The first of several images that shows this family clearly has a lot of fun together.
 I just love the way both girls look here.
 Natural smiles.
You guys know I always photograph mom and dad. This was such a great shaded spot with sunlight coming in to give everything a bright tone.
 Had to get closer and blur that foreground to make the subjects that much more prominent.
A wide shot and a funky angle. So easy but I always love it. Like the texture of the ground in the foreground, too.
I have lots of favorites from the day but I think this one is number one. I love the way she's looking up, her green eyes match the grass and she just looks so mature.
 Family time (even if it was for a photo session, it still counts).
 Once again I can't stay far back for too long.
A silly moment among siblings.
More posed but still silly. The light in the background is awesome. I told them to take all of their future family photos here!
 Buds.
 Houses usually have cool textures and lines so I use them.
 Another mature shot.
 I thought he could handle a more serious look, which he aced. Being slightly older than his sister, I wanted to show his maturity with a different way of looking into the camera.
 Shooting through some bushes for fun.
 I always get some traditional portraits.


 We shot a ton on the trampoline - some cool action shots!
I like the way her hair cascades here. Earthy feel.
Back to that wooded area. They are so relaxed together. I like the blue shirts against the bright green background.
Thank you again, Paula and Bob, for inviting me to document another stage of your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment