Monday, April 20, 2015

Don't Blink

So you know when you are pregnant with your first child and every parent you know says, "It goes so fast. Enjoy each stage." Fast forward a few months and there you are with oatmeal flying across the kitchen air, wondering "Yeah. This is really enjoyable." Until that moment is over and you look back at photos missing the sweet aspects of that age and then you get it....they grow up faster than we could ever imagine and the advice to enjoy is rich with wisdom. This is what I think about when I photograph a family over time. I am always in awe of the changes a few months or years can bring, solidifying my passion for documenting as much as possible.

With that I bring you a family I photographed a few years ago. Here are Deidre and Matt and their two fun kids once again.

A sweet shot with dad.
 This was actually the last shot of the day....a tired yet happy family. Great setting.
 Mom and Dad always deserve a photo.
 This sweet little girl is growing up.
 As is big bro.
 I wanted to mimic the pose on the opposite side.
 Funky lens and blue sky.
 This pair knows how to have fun.
 So does the entire family.
 Like the glare here and the fun poses.
 A slight angle here adds just enough interest.
 LOVE the hair light and background light here (not to be outdone by the subject, of course).
 Another sweet fun moment.
 Traditional but important to capture, I think.
 A little action.
 I think I like this anticipation shot even more than the actual jumping image.
 I like the curved line that's formed from the varying head heights here.
 Shadows, indirect lines and a fun pose.
 I never tire of this angle....just love the way the beam draws you into her face.
 Similar with a bit of flare that I've been playing with lately.
 Very mature here.
 An unposed moment. Love this.
 I like the irregular levels here.
 Wider is even better, I think.
 So sweet. You can tell they have a nice relationship.
 A relaxed family.
 Just love the blurred golden background.
 Wanted to get one with him, too.
I backed up a little for this one to capture more branches in the foreground, which add mystery when blurred. That's why I asked him for a serious look. Well, done bud!
 A youthful spirit.
 A few brown leaves on the ground framed this family nicely.
After the previous shot, I hopped off the bench to capture the wider scene. My fave of the day. And a sentiment to remember - step back, look and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment