Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Family Portraits

"It would be great to hire a photographer for some photos" is what this family had in mind when planning to get all dolled up for their eldest daughter's confirmation day. When your child turns 1, it's easy to think, "Hey, let me get some nice pictures." Photo priorities seem to fade as children get older but isn't it all really important? I'm so glad I was asked to take some professional snapshots of this family at this time in their family journey.

Here they are all dressed up.
 I like the more carefree feel to this image (and I love the hairlight on the girls!)
For those that may not know, a confirmation sponsor is a person selected by the young person to be their spiritual guide, so I wanted to get more personal/close-up for this image.
 I like that the girls are not looking at the camera here.
I always do some traditional shots, too.
 Straight on nice shot of a very lovely young lady.
 I like the use of blank space and the angle at which she is looking at the camera.
 I wanted to capture the garments in a unique way. I love the look on her face, too.
Traditional shot at another angle. I make sure the background is super blurred so that the subject really pops.
 I saw this fence and knew I wanted to use its texture for these teen portraits.

The sun was nice and low in the sky and provided yet another flattering hair light. Add a tilt to the camera and shoot when she looks directly into my lens.
 Cookie was very cooperative so of course we had to do this photo!
I like this "let's look through the peephole" for group shots. Adds a fun element for this family that gathered together for the special occasion.
I hope you enjoy these images....thank you so much for asking me to be your photographer!

No comments:

Post a Comment