Thursday, April 7, 2016

A Mother-Daughter Session

I was thrilled to do this session for lovely Rachael and her mom Betty. We often think of family photography as documenting young children, but as the relationship matures, it, too, is a treasure to capture.

It was Betty's birthday and she came into town to spend it with Rachael. I was glad they carved out a bit of time to get these images. And it really didn't take very long!

To say that I enjoyed this session is an understatement. We had a lovely exchange on email before even meeting in person, where I learned about their personalities and relationship, making the session go that much more smoothly. These two were so wonderful - as you can see, they were like two giggling schoolgirls! The photos speak for themselves.
 Capturing the exchanges between these two was so easy.


 So natural and pretty.
 Shooting from above to ensure I get those catchlights in their eyes.
 Went wide and off center. The body language is natural and sweet.
 Traditional shot with two different backgrounds. It's always nice to give options.

I like blurring flowers in the background for a "circle" effect and capturing the subjects slightly off center. Converted this one to black and white for a slightly dramatic effect.
 Straight on and close in with a strong eye connection to the camera.
 There I go off center again....it is my preference.
 To me, this image ever so subtly captures Betty's wisdom and Rachael's mature youthful nature.
 Rachael has a warmth about her that captured well as she looks on at her mom.
 Betty has so much personality - I was clicking away.


 I made sure we did individual shots so that Rachael and Betty can each have a portrait of the other.


 It was a little chilly so the coats were on and off in between shots, but I really like this one!
Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to photograph you both. Happy Birthday Betty!


No comments:

Post a Comment