Friday, April 29, 2016

Lauren's Communion Portraits

Eleven years ago, I photographed an awesome couple (Heather and Craig) as they became husband and wife. One of my favorite photos of their day is this sweet moment between the bride and her flower girl. 
The couple and I periodically kept in touch as I photographed other events in their family. Fast forward to this week, when I had the pleasure of shooting their little girl's communion portraits. I was so touched they asked me to do so. On top of that, notice the tiara their daughter Lauren is wearing. This session was so sweet on so many levels. Here are Lauren's communion portraits.
Lucky for me, communion season and cherry blossom season coincide nicely and makes a stunning backdrop.
I like to blur the background to give a soft look for these images.
 Centered and pretty.
 Another heavy blur of the grassy background to make my subject really pop.
 I like to give a variety of poses.
 Let's not forget the pretty details.




 A little off center to add a more modern flair to this traditional event.
 I think this is a favorite composition for communion girls.
 Lauren was so well behaved and cooperative....I was able to achieve a wide range of looks.
 I think this is a close second to my favorite shot of the day. Spring is just awesome.
 Gotta love this sweet moment with little bro. You can tell they have a nice relationship.
 Although I prefer the previous image, I do get them looking at the camera as well.
 He was such a ham....beyond adorable in this suit!
 Trying to get something a little more serious here. The sun was harsh but I angled her to avoid shadows on her face while still illuminating the veil.
 Who doesn't love a little girl skipping down a row of cherry blossom trees in a poofy white dress?
 It was a chilly day and Lauren was trying to keep herself warm with her veil....I clicked and really like this shot!
 A super wide fish eye lens really capture the environment.
 Hands down my favorite of the day. Traditional with a modern twist.
I hope you all enjoy these photos and have a wonderful Communion Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment