Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Stroller Strides Babes

I was recently invited to photograph a Stroller Strides class at Kensico Dam - which I highly recommend to any mom with a baby.... a great way to make mommy friends and work out with your babe! These little ones stayed after for a mini session. 

This boy was SO mature for his humble age of three. I immediately knew he could handle this angle well.

His captivating chocolate brown eyes were so inquisitive.
 Little sis was pretty as a picture just sitting.
 A little closer in to show those catchlights in her eyes.
Grass makes a great textured backdrop for this cutie. I opted for this to make his blue eyes and matching outfit pop.
 He was happiest when mommy was lifting him into the air....what kid isn't?! I made sure I got the light coming through the trees as part of the background, which I blurred to form soft circles.

This time I had to get in close to those amazing blue gems. More blurred circles in the background really make him pop.
I think I should call this blog post "the eyes session" because each child had amazing eyes!
Another little guy that liked being in the photo with mom. I love his eyes (!) and the way mom is looking at him.
 The simple beauty of two brothers leaning on each other in the grass.
 This is my favorite shot of the day. This little girl was initially not too happy about posing for a photo. Often times the best photos are not what you plan.
I'm sure you can guess what I love about this shot so I'm not even going to say it. ;-)
 This image is so powerful to me. Perhaps because it reminds me of how attached she was to her mommy. Mom is blurred to enhance the main subject looking back for her comfort. And mom's smile is soft but present. I just love it.
 
Thank you, Kristen, Danielle and Stroller Strides Moms for having me at Kensico! I hope you all enjoy the photos!



3 comments: